Sunday, January 11, 2015

Goodbye Connecticut

The day before we left we hired 3 movers to pack our 26' Uhaul truck.  They were the same guys who unpacked us two years ago, and they were awesome once again!  So worth the money (if possible) to have professionals who know what they are doing to carry everything out and load up the truck.  It was stressful enough trying to get the final things together as they worked their tails off.  We have a lot of furniture and stuff for only being married 7 years.  Luckily, our neighbors Ron and Diane watched the boys next door while the movers loaded the truck.  


That night Richard and Emmy flew into town to help us, we all slept on air mattresses, and headed out the next day.  It took us a little longer than we wanted to clean up in the morning, but we finally got out the door.  Nancy, Ron and Diane had been waiting all day to say goodbye.  It was extremely hard to say goodbye not knowing when we would be back.  I wish we weren't so far away.  After some tears, we drove away with Emmy and I in the van with the kids, Richard Sr in the Toyota Avalon, and Richard Jr driving the huge truck for our 8 hour drive (really 10 probably) to Maryland.  It was nice to know that when we arrived in Maryland we were staying the night at the Burtons and didn't have to unpack until the next morning.


PS I recommend quality walkie talkies for this situation- they were lifesavers for the drive!


Our huge truck ready for loading

2 of the 3 guys who worked their tails off without stopping

So sad to see it empty

We're done!

Bringing out the final things.  I was so scatterbrained I didn't even have my shoes on.


It's sad when you're so behind updating the blog, that Miles already looks like a different child!  He's so young and little in this picture!




I love this picture of Ron saying goodbye to Miles. I think he got a hug too.


I'm not sure why we are smiling!



1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

Moving is the worst. Glad you survived it!