Saturday, December 21, 2013

James and his activity mat

Miles was a deprived child and never had an activity mat.  Ok, maybe that is an exaggeration.  I didn't think an activity mat was necessary and didn't want extra baby items I didn't need.  Well, in the beginning, babies spend a lot of time laying around looking up.  And I felt kinda bad that he didn't have anything to look at for the first several months.  It sure does take them awhile to be able to do anything!  When we found out we were expecting again, an activity mat was one of the items at the top of my wish list.  And luckily my Aunt Carolyn bought it for us!  I literally don't know what we did without it.  James LOVES it!  It is so nice to be able to lay him on his back, which is his favorite position, and for him to have things to look at (other than my face, which gets a little boring).  As soon as I lay him down his is smiling and looking at the hanging toys.  Miles also loves to join him on the mat to play with and snuggle him (so sweet).  Also, I feel like he is sort of protected, because Miles can't try going over him when he is running around the living room.  I don't care that it takes up room on the floor, it is so helpful.  Love it!




No comments: