Sunday, December 8, 2013

James- 6 weeks old

I want to write down a few things about James before I forget.  At his 2 week doctors appointment he weighed 8 lbs 13 oz (85%) and measured 21.5 inches long (55%).  Those measurements made me really happy, because he only weighed 7 lbs 12 oz when born.  This little guy has been so wonderful and such a good baby.  We sure do love him.  

Bits about James:
  • Eats every 2.5-3 hours during the day.  At night will usually have a 4 hour stretch.  Longest stretch to date is 4 hours 45 minutes.  Towards the end of the day he often will get hungry sooner than 2.5 hours.
  • Has been smiling since about a week old.  I don't care if people say they aren't real smiles that early.  They were real.
  • Farts a lot.  And I love it.
  • He's noisy...lots of grunting
  • Very strong and good head control 
  • Doesn't usually mind tummy time
  • Will drink out of a bottle easily, if needed
  • Makes this cute little yell after sneezing a few times in a row (still trying to capture on video)...kind of sounds like 'ewwwww' or 'ooooo'
  • Rolled over from his back to front at 2 weeks (probably a fluke, because that's crazy)

Photo proof after the rollover

Now he's on his front!



 First bottle at 3 weeks old

Took it like a champ

 Head control at 3.5 weeks



Melts my heart when he smiles...

No comments: