Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quilt for Jessica

In July we had a sleepover/quilt tying party at my house for the Young Women.  We wanted to tie a quilt for Jessica, who was heading off to BYU Idaho for college.  I still love the quilt the Kentlands Ward made me when I was in college, and so I wanted to continue the tradition and give Jessica something special to remember how much we love her.

This was the first time I had ever tied a quilt, except for when they tied mine, and it is much different being in charge.  Luckily the ward had a quilt frame we borrowed and then I got all of the materials together.  Thank goodness Mindy, one of my counselors, had a lot of experience.  She lead the way and told us what to do.

It took us 4 hours to tie the quilt.  While we tied we ate gummy worms, popcorn, and snow caps. We also watched Ever After and You've Got Mail.  When we finished around midnight, the girls got out their sleeping bags and I took my tired pregnant body to bed :)  I had a dream that night that the girls had snuck out and boys had come over, but it was just a dream.  These YW are awesome and I of course had nothing to worry about.  I did, however, come down to check on them and was happy to see them sleeping away in the living room.  Phew!

Mindy's niece and Ellie 

Maura being silly

Avery and Silee

Mindy showing us what to do

Jessica arrived at BYU Idaho

A picture I stole from her Facebook right after she moved in.  You can kind of see the quilt under the purple blanket.

No comments: