Monday, August 27, 2012

Raspberry picking

Why haven't I been posting blogs?  I have been too busy picking and canning!  

A few weeks ago Miles and I drove to a nearby raspberry farm (only 10 minutes away) to do some raspberry picking.  It was a pretty day, but a little hot.  Raspberry picking is slow, but worth it.  I was surprised by how much Miles participated.  At first he was great about picking some himself and putting them in the cardboard box.  However, after he figured out he could eat them that is all he wanted to do!  I had to keep fishing leaves out of his mouth because he would just stick everything in his mouth trying to get at the raspberries.  The owner was very sweet to Miles and let him pick a sunflower to take home.  Then we went home and I made raspberry jam for the first time.  It was actually pretty easy!


It was a beautiful day





 The owner helped Miles pick a sunflower


  Enjoying the AC in the car after picking!

I made 5 half-pints of raspberry jam

No comments: