One afternoon we decided to go to a place that my parents used to take me when I was little, which is Funland in Rehobath Beach. It has been owned by the same family for over 50 years, and so much of it is exactly the same! I can't believe I rode the same rides about 20 years ago.
We started out on the Carousel, where he clung to me while we sat in the carriage. After we got off my mom asked if he liked it and wanted to do it again and he said 'yeah.' When we got back on he said 'oooooohh' as the Carousel started back up.
Next we went on the Big Trucks, which he loved immediately. At first I rode behind him, but then we let him doe it by himself. He kept asking for more, so we let him do it a few times.
Then we went to the Fire engines. Those were the stand-out favorite. He wanted to ride those over and over and over. He didn't turn the wheel or ring the bell like the other kids. He just looked very serious and gripped the sides with his hands. But he apparently loved it! Sweet boy. He would get off and then immediately want to get right back on. I think he was proud of himself.
A video of him riding the Fire engines
A video of him getting off and wanting to get right back on
A little nervous to start
Proud of himself
On to the Big Trucks...
And now his favorite, the Fire engines...
More?
Hands gripping the sides



2 comments:
How cute! Your hair is getting super blonde from all the sunshine--looks good!
He is so handsome!!!!!
Post a Comment