Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sippy Cup Success!


Miles has been drinking water out of this sippy cup for awhile, but when it came to milk he just wouldn't drink much when it was from his sippy.  So we kept using bottles because I wanted to make sure he got enough.  However, a few days ago he was really hungry when I was making his lunch.  So I warmed up some milk, put it in the sippy cup, and gave it to him while I finished up.  He drank a ton of it!  After that I just kept giving him the sippy to see if he would take it and he did! I think it helped that I put it in our sippy that has a straw, because he was already used to using it with water and the straw is easier for him to use.

Before this, I was giving him water with meals and 3 8-oz bottles of milk throughout the day.  Now we give him a sippy cup full of warm milk right before (and during) his meals, with his afternoon nap, and before bed.  It seems he is getting enough, and is perfectly happy with the sippy.  Wow, I didn't expect the transition to happen so easily.  Guess he was ready- yay!

Now we just need to wean him from warming the milk.  One thing at a time people...

2 comments:

B&K said...

Yay Miles!! What brand are the sippys you use? I like the look of them.

Sarah said...

Hey Bekah! His sippy is a Nuby sippy. It is the Nuby No-spill Easy Grip Cup with Super Straw: http://nuby.com/en/nuby/cups-spouts/9911/

There are so many sippy cups, aren't there!