Miles had so much fun at the pool this year. We had our routine down so we barely had to think about it. Get on the swimsuit, sunscreen, put a granola bar in the beach bag, grab the towels and walk out the back door. Then swim a little, take a snack break, swim a little more. Then wrap him up in a burrito and walk home. Usually we would take off the swimsuit and put on clothes right away (bath at night). Then he would relax with a snack and drink in front of the tv for a little bit.
His swimming really blossomed this year, and he loved swimming without his floaties. He would swim underwater from the stairs to us, and back to the stairs, and back to us, over and over again. He could push off the ground and out of the water and he jumped into the water from the side without worrying about his head going under the water. He wasn't scared at all- which in turn was a little scary for us! He really was quite the crazy man. Hopefully we can join a pool next summer. But I don't know if we will ever have a pool within walking distance. Ok, now I'm getting nostalgic, I better sign off....
Miles and Lulu resting after their snack break
James usually chilled in the stroller, happy to watch the excitement from the sidelines. He did eventually warm up to water.


1 comment:
This is so good to read! I have recently been wondering if I can handle the logistics of the pool with a baby, and this gives me hope. Your boys are so incredibly cute, Sarah. xo
Post a Comment