Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Move Live Tour AKA meeting Julianne and Derek Hough

We came home from the beach on a Friday afternoon and on Saturday night, my mom and I went to see Derek and Julianne Hough's  Move Live Tour at the Warner Theatre in DC.  We have been fans of Dancing with the Stars for years and Derek and Julianne are definitely our favorite pro dancers on the show.  We weren't quite sure what to expect of the show, but it totally surpassed our expectations.  It really was an awesome show.  Julianne and Derek did so much back to back dancing, that when they called for an intermission, at first I thought the show was over.  I couldn't believe it was only halfway done.  It was entertaining, fun, beautiful, and inspiring too.

As we walked to the theater we had seen the tour buses parked out back.  It took forever for our parking garage to empty (we were literally one of the last 5 cars out after about an hour of waiting), but we still decided to drive around the block and see if the buses were still there.  As we were driving by we saw the buses were still there, and we saw a group of people crowding around.  My mom pulled to the side of the rode and convinced me to jump out of the car and go see what was going on.  At first I thought it was just some back-up dancers from the show, but then I noticed it was Derek!  He was signing autographs and taking pictures with people.  I haven't seen many famous people up close before, so I was surprised how much he looked like a normal person, smaller than expected, and blended in with everyone else. Eventually I was able to get him to sign my program and take a selfie with me.  I was so nervous, because I have never met anyone famous before!  He was already heading to the tour bus when he saw me holding out my program and took it to sign it.  Then I asked if I could also have a picture.  I asked him to hold the camera since he was probably better at it. He was nice but I didn't really get a chance to talk to him, and he seemed a little reserved.  My mom called out to him from the car that it was a great show as he walked over to the bus.  It almost looked like he was going to walk over to the car, but he waved and said thanks I think.

However, as Derek was leaving Julianne also came out!  She was so bubbly and friendly and easy to approach.  She was also smaller than you picture in your head.  She took a selfie with me and was very nice, but I was too nervous to say much to her :)  She wasn't wearing any make up and had on her slippers.  My mom also saw her boyfriend come out with her two dogs and head over to the tour bus.

Anyways, it was a really fun, exciting night.  Meeting both of them afterwards made it the night really special. I'm so glad my mom and I went together :)









  


No comments: