Wednesday, May 18, 2011

He is free!

We have always swaddled Miles while sleeping, and it has worked wonderfully for us.  However, I was getting a worried about how we would ever help him transition to sleeping without being swaddled.  Every time we tried putting him down without swaddling, he couldn't fall asleep.  Well the other night he kept rolling over from his back to his front, even though he was swaddled.  I realized it was time for a change.  

Anyways, yesterday we put him down to bed, tucked him under a blanket with his pacifier and gave him a little lovey blanket to hold.  This is what we saw on the video camera a few minutes later....oh boy was he having fun....


After about 45 minutes I went in, changed his diaper, and re-tucked him in to bed.  15 minutes after that, this is what we saw....yahoo!  I didn't think he was going to be able to fall asleep, so I almost couldn't believe it.


The next time we put him to bed he was asleep within 10 minutes....

I am so glad the transition was much easier than I expected.  We are all very happy!  It was time.  He was ready.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Such cute pictures!!! Love the legs up! And, what a great transition! Congratulations!! xo

B&K said...

Love these pictures!!! He cracks me up!! :-)I really recommend sleep-sacks as a transition blanket if your looking for one. They are great because I know she's covered up with a blanket without worrying about it covering her face. Right now Emma uses aden + anais (http://www.adenandanais.com/) but buy them on amazon if you're interested. They're a little expensive but really amazing.