Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Aunt Carolyn's Visit

This weekend Aunt Carolyn (my mom's sister) came to visit us. She is so much fun and always up for anything. Also, she was great about helping me get a bunch of projects finished. I feel much more prepared for our little guy to arrive now! Thanks Aunt Carolyn!

When she arrived Saturday, the first thing we did was go to Dexter's Cider Mill. We ate fresh donuts and hot cider along the Huron River. It was beautiful.


Another fun thing we did was watch the University of Michigan Marching Band practice.

The first project she helped me finish was hanging the quote above a collage I recently made of old family pictures. Don't you love it?


Then she helped me wash all of the baby clothes, blankets, etc and organize everything in the closet (no room for a dresser in the apartment).


Finally we installed the car seat and had it inspected. I can't believe I am driving around with a car seat in the back. So exciting!

4 comments:

Jessica Dahlquist said...

AH! Everything looks great. You're ready. Come any day, Miles!

The Romney Family said...

How fun, Sarah! So glad she could visit and help out with all that stuff. (You are SO organized, by the way! Good for you!) And how fun to be driving around with the car seat now! Isn't that such a weird feeling?? haha But SO wonderful! Can't believe you only have TWO WEEKS left...

Emmy said...

oh! So great to see it all! Can't WAIT to come!!! Love you!

Mary Peterson said...

How WONDERFUL to have Carolyn with you! Wow, I'm amazed at all you got done! I really love the finishing touch of the quote about your picture wall! It looks amazing, Sarah. Love you!

xo