Can I just say I love hotels! They are so much fun. My parents got us a room at the Best Western Eden Resort & Suites and it was awesome. The room was so nice and we would definitely recommend it. I want to go back!
There's actually not a ton to do in Amish Country, but we had such a nice relaxing weekend. We walked around and went into the shops. We drove around the countryside and even stopped at a roadside stand selling cold homemade root beer. The Amish kids at the stand were so cute...but the root beer smelled and tasted like medicine. Haha.
Other than the delicious homemade fudge and ice cream we bought, my favorite thing was the wall hanging quilt I purchased with my birthday money. It was handsewn by a 70 year old Mennonite woman who lives in Lancaster County. She even signed the back of it which is neat. I love it and can't wait to hang it in our apartment in Michigan. Yay!
3 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to visit Amish country. It just seems so intriguing. Happy anniversary by the way!
Happy Anniversary! Neal is taking the LSAT next June. He is working on getting in to the pre-law review. Did Richard do that at byu? We are starting to look at schools and communities that we might want to settle down in. Let us know how michigan is!
How fun!! I want to visit the Amish too. Matt and I were thinkng about going soon. I will check out the hotel you guys stayed in since you recommend it. Looks like you had a good time, happy anniversary! Your blog is really cute. You should check mine out.
mandmwhite.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment